Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Laid back electro night

A quiet night at home, I'm browsing the web. I'm listenning to the new Goldfrapp single, and finally I think the band is back to its soft folk roots - the ethereal first album "Felt Mountain" in 2000 is the proof. I'll let you decide what you think of this video I have mixed feelings about. On the other hand, the single probably heralds a new beautiful album, closer to Kate Bush than Kylie Minogue. To be continued. (their websiste here)

Goldfrapp - A&E


Even though her latest CD is perfect, Róisín Murphy's latest work is still very dance-oriented, and tonight, I'm not in the mood for it. Let me get back to Moloko's classic "The Time Is Now", one of their best tracks as far as I'm concerned. The beat is perfect, the video is, too. (their website here)

Moloko - The Time Is Now


I can still picture this Fnac's clerk bored face when I asked him I was looking for this "little English electronic band called Frou Frou..." His attitude won over on this day... I ended up finding this excellent 2002 one-time only collaboration between Imogen Heap and Guy Sigsworth some place else. (their website here)

Frou Frou - Must Be Dreaming


I'm so glad I got to listen to Tracey Thorn's solo album "Out Of The Woods" (2007). Back in 1995 I was dancing like everybody else with Everything But The Girl's legendary "Missing" remix by Todd Terry. Later in my chronology (even though it was released the same year), Tracey's hypnotic vocals on Massive Attack's "Protection" had me tripping. Here the singer delivers an ideal solo effort! Plus, the video rocks. (her site here)

Tracey Thorn - It's All True

No comments: