Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Girls Next Door


I don't think I'll ever be able to explain my infatuation for "The Girls Next Door". This show from the E! channel, tells the story of the Playboy Mansion, the luxurious home of Hugh Hefner, the founder of the magazine of the same name. Like its title indicates, the show focuses mainly, on Hefner's 3 girlfriends: Holly Madison, Bridget Marquardt et Kendra Wilkinson.



Why do I like it?
- the (very light) tone of the show: watching is like eating candy
- the editing and the cartoon-like sounds: brakes, skiping record, off the track music
- the ongoing humor: the girls always laugh hysterically and often, very stupidly too, but glamor and humor make a perfect blend
- Hefner's career: I can only respect the apparent integrity of the work of his lifetime
- the reflection on life's futilities: the girls are not as dumb as they look, they often have more second degree than you and I!



Another reason why I love that show is its opening theme! Here is a rendition by Madonna of "Come on a my house" from the mediocre 2002 movie "Swept Away" by Guy Ritchie.



And here is Rosemary Clooney's famous version of the same tune (yes, she was Dr. Nespresso's aunt).




Bonus: free mp3 download {Nasty Tales - Come On A My House (Big 60s Radio Edit)}

1 comment:

VainModel said...

bonjour!

comment alez-vous? sorry im not that good in french. ;p just wanna ask if i could have the theme song of the GIRLS NEXT DOOR.. "come on a my house remix"? coz the site that you attached in your post is not working anymore.. so ist okay if you send it to my email? its jamylsb@yahoo.com

i really gonna appreciate it if you do.

merci beaucoup!
au revoir!
jamyl =)